I am excited to announce that I have been nominated for the WEGO Health “Patient Leader Hero Award” in the 2018 WEGO Health Awards.
WEGO Health is a mission-driven company connecting healthcare with the experience, skills, and insights of patient leaders. They are the world’s largest network of patient leaders, working across virtually all health conditions and topics. Click here to learn more about their Patient Leader Network. The WEGO Health Awards were created to celebrate those who tirelessly support the mission of WEGO Health: to empower the patient voice. With 16 award categories, the WEGO Health Awards are the only awards across all conditions and platforms, that recognize the over 100 thousand inspiring Patient Leaders who raise awareness, share information, and support their communities – but often without recognition.
I would love your endorsement (vote) to be awarded.
Helping others with epilepsy is my passion, and I will continue to work hard to make sure nobody with epilepsy ever has to feel alone or isolated again.
When I created @lifeelektrik I aimed to create a positivity based community for anyone affected by epilepsy. Now, it’s grown into over 800 members worldwide (& counting), and I love watching all the accomplishments of our amazing community members.
We lift each other up daily, empowering each other to accomplish our goals, and keep our focus on the good stuff in life, despite having a neurological disorder.
Winning this award would mean the world to me! Not only would winning this award mean more visibility for Life Elektrik, but I hope it would help the community to grow.
Running a nonprofit, it can be difficult at times to know if you are truly making an impact on the lives of others. Receiving a WEGO Health Award would help to validate my efforts in epilepsy advocacy and the Life Elektrik community.
This year, the 16 WEGO Health Award winners will be honored at an in-person celebration in October co-hosted by the Society of Participatory Medicine at the Connected Health Conference. It would be an amazing experience to connect with other advocates & further connect with WEGO Health in an effort to work together in more synergistic ways the betterment of our communities – creating a better world for all. It may seem idealistic, but I’m determined. Nothing worth having comes easily.
I’m now looking to my incredibly supportive network to help endorse me for this award. There are two easy ways to endorse that only take seconds of your time!
- You can click on my endorsement badge located on the sidebar of my website. (Also above or at the bottom of this page.)
- Click here to be taken to my WEGO Health Awards profile where you can click the “Endorse” button under my nominee photo.
If I have ever supported you, made you laugh, or inspired you to keep fighting – please consider endorsing me for this award.
While I would absolutely love to win this award… Winner or not, I will always let my light shine & continue my mission!
If you’re new to my blog or the Life Elektrik community, below are some of our highlights!
- March 17, 2017: Life Elektrik launches a virtual community for people living with epilepsy.
- June 6, 2017: Life Elektrik shares its first Warrior Story to encourage others living with epilepsy to speak up and educate others.
- June 9, 2017: The Warrior Blog launches, sharing national and international epilepsy related stories.
- June 10, 2017: Life Elektrik opens its Warrior Shop for epilepsy related merchandise.
- August 24, 2017: Life Elektrik launches its Facebook page & community.
- October 5, 2017: The first awareness campaign by Life Elektrik is launched- “Purple Pumpkins for Epilepsy.”
- November 1, 2017: Life Elektrik launches its “Epilepsy Awareness Challenge.”
- November 6, 2017: The Life Elektrik”Q & A Video Series” launches.
- November 28, 2017: Life Elektrik launches a CBD program for those in need.
- March 17, 2018: Life Elektrik turns one year old!
- March 26, 2018: The Life Elektrik community launches on Twitter.
- March 27, 2018: In an effort to have flashing imagery removed from Apple’s iPad advertisement, Life Elektrik writes to Apple.
- April 6, 2018: The Life Elektrik “This Is Epilepsy” Video Series launches.
- April 14, 2018: Life Elektrik hosts its first physical Warrior Meetup in Austin, Texas, USA.
- April 21, 2018: Life Elektrik welcomes ambassador Dawn Hicks from Dothan, Alabama, USA.
- May 6, 2018: Life Elektrik goes international!
- May 7, 2018: Life Elektrik welcomes ambassador Nathan Harvery from Basingstoke, England, UK.
- May 26, 2018: Ambassador Dawn Hicks hosts Life Elektrik’s first Warrior Meetup in Dothan, Alabama.
- June 23, 2018: Life Elektrik Ambassador Nathan Harvey hosts the first Warrior Meetup in London, England.
- June 27, 2018: Warrior Chat launches on LifeElektrik.com, offering warriors an anonymous way to chat with each other, without fear of judgement.
- July 3, 2018: Life Elektrik’s “Elektrifying Newsletter” launches!
If you are interested in financially supporting the nonprofit efforts of Life Elektrik, you can donate here.
For our next Warrior Meetups, visit Life Elektrik’s Warrior Events page!
I love connecting with other community members, and it is the absolute best feeling to receive messages like this from fellow warriors…
- “Thank you so much for doing what you do!!!!“-Anna
- “This is a great page. It’s hard to stay positive. Thank you!” – Cheri
- “Thanks again for creating your account, I absolutely love it!” – Brette
- “Much love for who you are and what you’re doing. Keep shining.” – Krysteena
- “What I have begun with you is changing me in ways I had no idea was possible. We are all fighters and EVERY SINGLE warrior I have met is an inspiration.“-Chantel
“Thank you so much. You’ve created a safe space. When I was a teen, new to my diagnosis, I was scared, embarrassed and ashamed. You’ve created this safe space, an outlet for people to come to terms and feel comfortable and confident in their own skin. You rock!” – Morgan
I feel so blessed to be able to do the work that I do. Not only to I get to help my community, but I get to work for a cause dear to my heart. I’ve met so many incredible people along my journey, and it’s a privilege to able to share their stories to empower and educate others.
I appreciate your endorsement, and I urge you to educate yourself about epilepsy – a neurological disorder that affects 65 million people worldwide, with 3 million in the US alone.
Click the badge below to vote!